10/22/2012

The Stuff That I've Been Doin' and Sucktober.

I haven't been blogging much, because the title of this blog is, of course, Becca Does Stuff, and I haven't really been doing anything particularly blogworthy lately. Here's what I've been up to in October: 

1) Being sick. The kind of sick where you feel it in your bones. It was awful. It began the day after I got home from a visit to Ottawa, and I've been dealing with it since. Three days ago, I decided I'd had enough, researched some home remedies, and whipped up a variety of magic potions in my kitchen. I'm not even kidding, I made this concoction of turmeric, ginger, and honey, and chowed down on 5 cloves of garlic, and I woke up feeling 80% better the very next day. Next time, I'm skipping the drugstore stuff and going straight to weird homemade teas made of spices. 

2) Starting a new job. I come from that generation that was taught never to reveal too much personal information online, lest you be fired and then murdered, so I'm not going to specify where, exactly, I'm working. But I will tell you this: It's a little bit beneath my skill level but it's super fun so I don't care, the dress code is extremely comfortable, the people are extremely rad, and it's a job that will keep me very well hydrated and is relevant to my interests. And those are all the clues I'm giving. A girl must retain some sense of mystery, after all. 

3) Training my dog. I don't know if I've mentioned before that I have a hound dog. In an apartment in Toronto. So... that's............... hard. My husband and I are working extremely diligently on training her to be well-behaved and quiet, and I'm trying to stay positive that, because we're both so committed to working hard at changing her problem behaviours, it won't take too long to fix her issues. 

So those are the main reasons why I haven't been blogging. I've been way too sick and stressed to expend brain cells on coming up with topics for posts, which is a task that I'm admittedly not great at even under the best of circumstances. I'm not gonna lie, October is usually my favourite month of the year, but this month, I've been referring to it as Sucktober. It's just been one challenge after another. But, such is life. All you can ever do is keep plugging away at the challenges until you overcome them. And maybe decide to have a different favourite month this year. 

Maybe for my next post, I'll write out the recipe for the magic illness-curing potions that I made, and somebody out there in Internetland can give them a try and report back if they actually work, or if it's just a total coincidence that I felt better the day after I tried them.

No comments:

Post a Comment